Cognosec has been working for over 15 years helping organizations reduce cyber risks and become resilient to attacks by assessing organizations’ processes, procedures and systems for non-compliance and vulnerabilities. Cognosec designs, implements and manages solutions that protect critical IT infrastructure and data assets. Working with some of the market leading solutions to mitigate risk and improve resilience for their customers.
Cognosec are a NASDAQ-listed, agile EMEA company operating across the public and private sectors. They have 150 employees spread across 7 Offices in London, Frankfurt, Vienna, Stockholm, Dubai, Kenya and Johannesburg.
Penetration Tester, Vienna
Cognosec has its headquarters in Vienna, Austria, and offers services in information security, governance, enterprise risk management, compliance, and assurance to clients. Our solutions are based on domain knowledge in payment processing, communications, online gaming and e-commerce industries in Europe, Africa and the United States.
We are now looking for a fresh talent to join our IT assurance team. Your job will involve performance of manual tests to assess the security of systems and web applications. You will be performing penetration tests against various systems, including web applications, databases, web services, network devices, operating systems, cloud installations, and infrastructure devices.
• Bachelor’s degree or at least 3 years experience in information security
• At least 2 years experience with performing application and network penetration tests
• Knowledge of how to identify, exploit, and remediate web vulnerabilities
• Knowledge of audit and risk assessment techniques
• Experience in network, (mobile) application and system security
• Experience with Linux, Windows, OSX
• Basic scripting and programming skills
• Excellent English written & oral ability
• Able to communicate complex ideas concisely
• Presentation skills
• Analytical & Interpretation skills
• Beneficial: CISSP, CISA, CRISC or similar, experience in security testing of embedded systems, German written & oral skills
• Utilize automated tools to perform security tests of infrastructure and applications
• Perform manual security testing of infrastructure and web applications
• Interpret the identified vulnerabilities, remove false positives
• Provide a detailed report with risk, impact, recommendations to remediate the risk, and step-by-step instructions for reproducing the issue in German and English
• Interviewing clients personnel and examine records to gather data
• Prepare audit work papers in compliance with audit policies and standards
• Support the audit team in improving internal processes and tools
We offer a responsible and challenging collaboration in a multicultural environment and international travel. The basic gross salary for this position is EUR 2.332,- per month according to the Austrian Collective Agreement for IT personnel, with the willingness for overpayment based on qualification and experience.
If you are interested in working as part of our team of highly motivated professionals, we are looking forward to receiving your application through firstname.lastname@example.org or via hardcopy to our office at Castellezgasse 16/2, 1020 Vienna.