Cognosec’s Incident Response solution is an organized approach for responding to the an incident appropriately and managing the aftermath of the security breach.
Cognosec can assist you with the following steps:
- Creating an incident response policy and plan
- Developing procedures for performing incident handling and reporting
- Setting guidelines for communicating with outside parties regarding incidents
- Establishing relationships and lines of communication between the incident response team and other groups, both internal (e.g., legal department) and external (e.g., law enforcement agencies)
- Determining what services the incident response team should provide
- Training the incident response team
Combating malicious software and events in your environment isn’t just a matter of implementing the right technological solutions. Effectively combating malicious activities is a solution that combines people, processes, and technology.
Cognosec’s Incident Response solution is an organized approach for responding to the an incident appropriately and managing the aftermath of the security breach. Cognosec’s Incident Response solution will also help establish new defenses, protecting your systems and data from future attacks
According to the SANS Institute, there are six steps to handling an incident most effectively:
Preparation: The organization educates users and IT staff of the importance of updated security measures and trains them to respond to computer and network security incidents quickly and correctly.
Identification: The response team is activated to decide whether a particular event is, in fact, a security incident. The team may contact the CERT Coordination Center, which tracks Internet security activity and has the most current information on viruses and worms.
Containment: The team determines how far the problem has spread and contains the problem by disconnecting all affected systems and devices to prevent further damage.
Eradication: The team investigates to discover the origin of the incident. The root cause of the problem and all traces of malicious code are removed.
Recovery: Data and software are restored from clean backup files, ensuring that no vulnerabilities remain. Systems are monitored for any sign of weakness or recurrence.
Lessons learned: The team analyzes the incident and how it was handled, making recommendations for better future response and for preventing a recurrence.