Advanced Threat Detection
- User interactive mode: Enables analysts to interact directly with malware samples.
- Extensive unpacking capabilities: Reduces investigation time from days to minutes.
- Full logic path: Enables deeper sample analysis by forcing execution of additional logic paths that remain dormant in typical sandbox environments.
- Sample submission to multiple virtual environments: Speeds investigation by determining which environment variables are needed for file execution.
- Detailed reports from disassembly output to graphical function call diagrams and embedded or dropped file information: Provides critical information for analyst investigation.
Designed to work with other products, a central system to verify files. Works with: McAfee Active Response, McAfee Application Control, McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator software, McAfee Network Security Platform, McAfee Threat Intelligence Exchange, McAfee Web Gateway McAfee Advanced Threat Defense protects against advanced malware, including zero-day and advanced persistent threats, providing the strongest advanced threat protection available. Advanced targeted attacks are designed to defeat security systems through approaches that either confuse or evade defenses. McAfee Advanced Threat Defense detects targeted attacks and connects with existing defenses, converting threat intelligence into immediate action and protection. Unlike traditional sandboxes, it provides multiple analysis engines to broaden detection and expose evasive threats. As part of the Security Connected platform, McAfee Advanced Threat Defense is tightly integrated with other Intel Security solutions—from network to endpoint—enabling instant sharing of threat intelligence across the entire infrastructure to enhance zero-day threat protection, reduce time from detection to containment, and aid investigation to remediate post-attack.
ATD-3000 – 30 VMs, Form factor 1U Rack-Mount ATD-6000 – 60 VMs, Form factor 2U Rack-Mount File/media types supported: PE files, Adobe files, MS Office Suite files, Image files, Archives, Java, Android Application Package Analysis methods: McAfee Anti-Malware, GTI reputation: file/URL/IP, Gateway Anti-Malware (emulation and behavioral analysis), dynamic analysis (sandboxing), static code analysis, custom YARA rules Supported OS: Win 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Win 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Win XP (32-bit/64-bit), Win Server 2003, Win Server 2008 (64-bit); Android All Windows operating system support available in: English, German, Italian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.